You can tell a lot about your pet by looking at them. But did you know that since our pets age faster than we humans do, that it is critical that routine yearly visits with us take place?
The best way to prevent disease is to schedule regular yearly checkups with us. By identifying health issues during a wellness visit, the prognosis for a successful treatment and recovery is more positive. Similarly, by taking the time for this one-time-a-year visit, catching a disease before it has the time to advance and cause major damage to your pet, actually may save significant expenses to your pocketbook. In early stages, many diseases are easily and economically treated.
During your pet’s annual checkup, we can talk about all the things you can do to stop the development of or slow the progression of disease. And we’ll examine every part of your pet “inside and out,” including:
- A dental health screening, including looking for any inflammation of the gums or broken teeth which may impact overall dental health.
- An assessment of body and muscle condition
- A review of your pet’s vaccinations
- A bloodtest for heartworm and/or tick spread disease (Lyme Disease)
- A check for lumps, bumps or other suspicious growths
- We'll ask you about your pet's behaviors. There may be seemingly "normal" behaviors that are actually indicators of underlying issues.
- Fecal testing to identify any pesky parasites that can be detrimental to your pet
- A check of your pet's eyes and ears
- We'll prescribe a parasite prevention plan to keep your pet healthy and "ick free" from ticks, worms, and heartworms!
If you have a senior pet, we recommend that you bring your pet in two times per year. By identifying early stages of arthritis or diabetes, for example, we can prescribe treatment that allows your pet to enjoy his or her golden years more fully!
Links to parasite prevention products recommended by Glencoe Veterinary Clinic:
- Heartgard Plus, Incerceptor Plus and Simparica, and NexGard
- iPhone Reminders
- Vectra 3D
Monday: 7:30am- 5pm
Tuesday: 7:30am - 5pm
Wednesday: 7:30am - 5pm
Thursday: 7:30am- 12pm; 1:15pm- 5pm
Friday: 7:30am - 5pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 12pm